Sunday 7 December 2008

ANOTHER weekend flies by...

So here I sit on Sunday night wondering what happened to the TWO days I was looking forward to just a few minutes ago...then I remember the drinks on Friday night at Foleys - fantastic because they had live music, taking Malcolm shopping for his Christmas party outfit on Saturday morning (I did a fabulous job - new jeans and an AWESOME shirt - ask him) the biscuit baking on Saturday afternoon, the school fair Carla and I supported (because Rose's daughter goes there) the visit to PC Warehouse because Jess wants to buy a laptop and then home to decorate the Christmas tree and I realise that the weekend was rather productive!
Malcolm went to Athlone for his Christmas party - very organised as they are taken by bus and stay at the hotel where the party is held. This has to be the best way - stumble straight up to bed - no searching for an elusive taxi like I had to the week before. They even get BREAKFAST the next day and then are bussed back home at noon. Brilliant idea as in Ireland the breathalysers come out the morning after because technically a lot of people are still WAY over the limit from the binge of the night before!
Best part about the end of THIS PARTICULAR weekend is that for once in my life I am looking forward to Monday, no it is not the pastries and muffins we get at work (every Monday) but the TRACY CHAPMAN concert tomorrow night!!!! Yep the day has finally arrived and we are meeting Kelly and Charl for a pasta at Carluccios before heading over to what I am sure will be a very pleasant evening of relaxing music.

One of my alltime favourites....

2 comments:

Rozi from Jozi said...

Let's hope Malcolm did not partake of the Big Irish breakfast on Sunday morning, with Bacon, Pork and Black and white pudding!!! Honestly I think I am going to become vegetarian or Jewish, although they say this is a plot by Alkaeda (s'cuse the spelling) to turn us all Muslim.

Thanks for supporting the Christmas Fair!

Malcolm said...

Ha ha, the hotel had already removed all pork products from the breakfast buffet - impressive! You are welcome, sorry we could not stay longer...