Friday 22 February 2008

WHY???

So it was back to Weight Watchers last night, dragging my heels and covered in shame. I missed 2 meetings and in New York I just kinda forgot that I was actually still on a diet. To be honest the slippery slope started when creme eggs first made their appearance on the supermarket shelves, all that pretty shiny paper and a treasure of chocolate and goo underneath that...what is a girl o do?
I do feel that half the battle was won last night though, going back KNOWING that I was up about 5 pounds was not an easy thing for me to do, but if I hadn't I would have convinced myself that all was not swelling beneath my jeans. So, the outcome...4 pounds up, I am an idiot all that bloody hard work and now I have to lose 4 pounds just to get back to where I was 3 weeks ago...but the show must go on, the goal posts may have changed from March to May but I guess the long and scenic journey is more enjoyable anyway, at least I get to stop off and eat myself silly every now and then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nutritionists would always advocate small binges every now and then... you deserve an occasional treat for all the hard work! Also wouldn't a small boost in sugar now and then increase your metabolic rate? Life would be hell indeed if you had to stick to the letter ALL THE TIME.

Don't feel guilty. Life's too short!

Malcolm said...

Ah thanks K8, I agree, but a small binge would not entice 4 pounds onto my frame!!! But yep, life would be dull/hell without a binge now and then...and now...