Monday 26 November 2007

With thanks to friends in the know and GOOGLE

I have learned a lot since my anonymous guest book comment. I also realise that there is still so much more to learn! The most important lesson I learned is that friends and family stand by you and are willing to stand up for you too!
Secondly, my friend showed me how to look up an IP number, from this you can do a search and it will give you some interesting information, often even an email address. I found out the following: "John Smit"(this is also the name of our South African rugby captain just by the way) lives in Ireland and the range he/she uses is used by smart telecom DSL customers who subscribe to mysmart.ie! From the IP number we got latitude and longitude co ordinates. I then did a search for those and map quest even provided me with a nice little map, not quite pinpointing the house, but fascinating none the less! I am not sure how accurate it is but it came out near Mespill Rd and the N11 in Dublin south, I actually had a look at the area on a website like google earth. According to my friend you can often even get an actual name if you know someone in the know, know what I mean? Anyway, this was just a post on how little I know of what goes on out there, and I know that I am not alone so I decided to share! Now I shall put all of this to bed and not worry about it ever ever again.
I am sure it is not the first nor the last message like that, I really do not mind, just leave YOUR name, if you have something to say stand behind what you say! Or as my mom has always told me...If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all...but not even I can manage that all the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom was a BAMBI fan, in Bambi, thumpers mom says - Thumper, if you can't say anything nice then don't say nothing at all (or something to that affect).

Malcolm said...

You are probably right, considering I am a fan of all things animated, in her day there was only Disney! Now we have so much more!