Thursday 15 May 2008

French maids - but no fishnets!

So tomorrow I am off to Blackpool with 8 similarly minded women, we plan to play a lot of hockey and have an extraordinary amount of fun too. I have been told: 'What goes on tour, stays on tour' but that is all hot air talk coz I was not on tour last year and I already know all about Blackpool 2007!!!
On Saturday night there is a dinner and we have to dress up to a theme, VE Day, and we are all going as french maids, O sewed up frilly aprons and hair pieces and we were all going to wear fishnets but as we are classy french maids we have decided that good ole' black tights will do. I have my first pair of heels which I wobble around on considerably, how am I supposed to walk on heels???? Is it toe heel or is my clomping heel toe right? I did choose a good solid heel, no stiletto type heel for me, I swear I could not walk 2 steps in those, as it is my kids are trying to give me lessons but considering they do not wear heels either how the heck do they know? HELP!!!! Also at 5'11" and then another 2" of heels I feel a little giant like....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh a girly weekend away! Hope you have a lovely time. Alas, I can't walk in heels either. At my friend's funeral I had to wear black and my only pair of black shoes were high heels. I tottered around like a newborn foal all day. What a wally x

Anonymous said...

There had better be photos to follow ;-)

Malcolm said...

EM - So you cannot teach me the art then, damn...I actually asked one of the salesladies in a shoe shop yesterday, that is how desperate I am!
Conortje - No promises...when I get a picture of a certain Irish lad on a beach covered in sand I may reconsider...