Wednesday 11 June 2008

Gulp...

The day of my lasik eye surgery is fast approaching, so of course the nerves are starting to kick in. I need to be there at 08h00 so will probably walk and catch the luas, it is a lovely stroll along the canal to get to the clinic. Apparently all told I will be there for 3 hours and then my friend Melissa has offered to collect me and drive me home...apparently I will have rather blurred vision so using the public transport system and my own 2 feet is not advisable.
Today I was walking home, the car safely in the driveway at home marvelling at how now that I actually have a vehicle I prefer to walk wherever I go, great exercise and it is also awesome to be out and about. Funny how things change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm very interested to read how it goes with your eye surgery. I've often wondered about it. I'm not at a point where I'm thinking of undergoing it myself right now, but maybe in the future. And so I'd really like to know what its like, how it feels, and what your vision is like afterwards. Best of luck with it, and I'd be nervous too, but good on you for being so brave.

Malcolm said...

Thanks Coastal...I am just popping in to my blog - op done and not meant to be on computer, but it was 8 hours ago and al went well, will do a detailed post soon!