Wednesday 3 September 2008

OH....

Tracy just sent me a link to a website: http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm

Click on it and find out what song was the No 1 hit in the USA on the day you were born, this is fun thinks I....until I discover my song and I protest, why of all things is this my song? I am looking for the meaning...and looking...and looking. I think I will share the names of the songs of every decade of my life thus far because they are just a lot more interesting...

1982 - I love rock 'n roll (that's more like it)
1992 - Save the best for last (say no more!)
2002 - Ain't it funny (what's funny?)


Oh okay then, here is my birth song, listen and have a good giggle and afterwards look up your song and tell me in the comment box, what song did you get?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that song... mine is "Love is blue" by Paul Mauriat which I don't think I have ever heard.

Lizle said...

Lovely site.Mine is Joy to The World, by Three Dog Night. I like to think I'm a joy to the world (ha-ha)... but the only Joy to The World I know is the Christmas Carol. Gary's is War (the only battle he knows is the battle of beer!). And Rhett's is "Believe" - nice one.

Anonymous said...

Mine is "ON TOP OF THE WORLD" by the Carpenters xx

Anonymous said...

PS I thought you might find this kinda fun :)

Malcolm said...

Mouse - Have not heard it either, You tube is so useful though, i listened to it - instrumental, think you will like it...

Lizle - And you are a Joy my friend! LOL for Gary's, will have to listen to the words but who is it by?...and Rhett's is really cool too.

Tracy - Now a song like that I could have handled! Thanks for the email I did think it was lots of fun and it even inspired a post out of me!!

Rozi from Jozi said...

I gotta steal this for my blog Nats hope you don't mind, I will put a link - Mine was "Can't buy me love", by the Beatles however I may have preferred "Diamonds are a girls best friend" which Marilyn Monroe sang in "Genleman prefer blondes" me thinks! Anyway very cool!

Malcolm said...

Steal away Rose - no problem, just means I did something good here...there is a saying...something about copying/mimicking is the greatest form of flattery, for some reason it is escaping me at the moment..

Anonymous said...

. "Love Will Keep Us Together" by The Captain & Tennille

:)

Lizle said...

War is by Edwin Starr

Malcolm said...

Mel - Now that is a nice song too...
Lizle - I listened to the song and I do KNOW it!!! never listened to it properly, just remember the "war what is it good for...absolutley nothing part!

Anonymous said...

I thought War was by Frankie Goes To Hollywood but perhaps they did a cover.

English Mum said...

Got...to....steal... trying to resist but it's no good. I wonder if there's a UK version.

Bridge Over Troubled Water!!

How funny. x

Malcolm said...

LOL! I knew you would like it that is why I had to point you in the right direction!!!