Tuesday 16 September 2008

RUN!

I am not a runner, I love walking and I can do it with some serious pace and that is good enough for me. However, I need to get fit for hockey season and as a right wing player I run a LOT - short bursts yes (I can handle those quite easily) but in order to keep the heaving chest and heavy panting at bay fitness is a requirement...running will make me fit. So with lead boots I dragged myself up to the club on Monday for a fitness session which involved a run which I was dreading. I knew that I would crash and burn and end up walking back to the clubhouse, a lone figure way behind a moving mob of running ladies. Oh well got to start somewhere hey? So you can imagine my surprise when I managed the entire run and even led our little group back in to the club gates, woohoo!!!! we were running slowly and I am sure i heard Heather making some comment about ostrich legs (gasp!) when I put my foot on the accelerator as we neared the club, but honestly I had to make a dash for it because if I didn't I felt that I was going to have to stop and with the finish line so near there was NO way that was going to happen. After all that I even did jogging and sprinting on the pitch for a while and then we had a relaxing chatty warm down and said our goodbyes...until Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...run Forrest RUN ! ...

Malcolm said...

LOL Like the wind...I wish!