Saturday 14 March 2009

Hockey stuff...

I think I can safely say that I am a hockey player now. I have had a few very decent games in a row and today I heard one of my teammates bellowing "Natalie is on fire today" and I was, yes even if I say so myself! I enjoy playing in defence, I have made myself very comfortable and I really do manage to to do my part for the team, in fact a couple of times today...well I even impressed me! I even saved a goal from a short corner and did my bit during another one and ran straight at the person receiving the ball, and almost managed to get it too, but did force a panic pass which is also good I guess.
We won the game 3-1 and I was thrilled as it was imperative that we won to keep our place in the league. Sadly next Saturday is our last game of the season, I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone, but at least I do have summer hockey and two tournaments in May to look forward to.
Last year I was still relatively new when we had our home tournament and spent more time off the pitch than on, which I was more than happy to do because I was a weak link so to speak. But I must also admit that I made up my mind there and then that by 2009 tournament I would be playing more and watching less.
This year I think I may actually get a bit more pitch time and will be a lot more useful when I am playing! No matter what I have improved and am very proud of my achievements so far.

No comments: