Wednesday 11 March 2009

Life is beautiful!

I stepped out of my front door this morning and was greeted with the most unbelievable surprise. I did not even need my jacket, the weather was absolutely glorious and the sun was even shining! I walked to work with the feeling that my heart was actually ready to burst- I know that sounds bizarre but I really was that happy, and no I did not sneak a Valium! I don't know it just felt like the day was so full of promise, all the songs on my Ipod were awesome and it felt amazing to be alive.
I got to work and spread the enthusiasm, which was hardly difficult as Dublin and its residents certainly come alive when the weather cooperates as it did today, 15C - have not had temps like that in so many months!
I got my letter confirming my permanency and then I got a text from Wendy confirming the that my services will be required for the U16 tournament over the Easter weekend. Wow, what an utterly fansplendific day!

3 comments:

English Mum said...

It was gorgeous up here, too! I hung the washing out, which was miraculous enough, but in a T shirt! Actually, there's a teeny glimpse of sun this morning too. Yay! Glad you're a happy bunny x

Anonymous said...

Wat id give to be in a 15 deg environment right now!! It has been high thirties to low forties here for over a week!! Heat wave - and it continues with no rain forecast......

Malcolm said...

EM - Wow, a T-shirt..hanging washing out, LOVE the smell when it comes back in...sigh.

Tracy - Stop bragging already! You have a beach, a pool...hush!