Friday 27 March 2009

Thursday night in pictures...













And there it is, the cake of choice this year - I did NOT choose the blue! My hand mixer, James Martin one, died a horrible death when it lost its battle creaming the butter and made an awful sound and collapsed. Luckily it was far enough into the creaming process, and the icing was basically ready. I am just shocked that my fairly new hand mixer could not stand up to the task at hand, especially as its visits to the kitchen counter are fairly infrequent these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nats, see I finally found the time to read your blog! You definately haven't lost your writing or cake making skilss - well done it is a great blog. Hope you got my email the other day, I'm also working flat out and exhausted, trying to find someone to employ in my place so I can escape! How about some more recent photos of you all on the blog, your girls are still little there, Kris is taller than me by far, I'm sure your Jess must be at least your height too, x to Malcolm & the girls, Karen

Tracy said...

Hey Nats!! What was the cake for?It is such a stunning idea for a cake, very cute!! I am going to HAVE to try and start baking - Morgan adores cake and the poor soul only gets it once a year!!!! I realised that the other day and then went out and bought one wondereed when cakes became restricted to Birthdays in the wierd and wonderful world of me!