I popped in to visit EM's blog this morning and read a funny story on her blog, it reminded me of a similar experience and so I decided to spill the beans on one of my VERY RARE accidents...
Our toaster was not working properly and I love toast and so I always found myself standing there holding the down button for the few minutes it took to brown and crisp my bread. On this particular day I was busy and so I devised a contraption using a heavy kitchen implement, I believe the pestle from my mortar was my accomplice, marble and nice and heavy, fit the requirement well.
I am not sure what I did next, I am thinking back about 3 years so whatever distracted me is long last in the recesses of my mind, but the image of my lounge and dining room filled with smoke is still very vivid, as is the image of my toaster on the counter, a retro looking mini fireplace burning cheerily on the kitchen counter. I managed to unplug it and ran outside tossing the blackened bread onto the patio outside where it died a sudden death. Luckily we had loads of windows and sliding doors so everything was left open, the blackened cabinets did not need more than a wipe and I got myself a nice new toaster. Lesson learned.
International Men’s Day
5 hours ago