Monday 25 August 2008

Follow me

The morning started off with a trip to the uniform shop. NO I did NOT leave everything to the last minute, the tracksuit I needed was not in stock 2 weeks ago when I took Kirstin to get "kitted" out in her new school clothes. Luckily we managed to snag one of the last ones today and as I was paying I took note of a Spanish lady who had just completed her purchase and was shaking the lady behind the tills hand and thanking her for her help, not something witnessed on a regular basis! In my nosiness I saw that the uniform was the same as Kirstin's and was going to say something (you know me...) but decided against it. As we were leaving the shop I heard somebody giving her directions to Dundrum and as I was heading that way I spoke to her and offered to lead the way. She accepted and then asked if I knew where the bookshop was...and so I found myself guiding her through Dublin to Wise Owl in Ballinteer.
Of course I was wondering whether she had just moved to Dublin, or if her daughter was going to boarding school, if she needed anything else and decided that I would give her my number and let her know to call if she needed more help...luckily when I got out the car in Ballinteer we had a little chat and I discovered that her daughter had been attending a different school in the area and that she knew part of Dublin quite well so I kept my number to myself and saved myself from any awkward moments. Why is it that I always feel compelled to help people out in these types of situations? I gave her directions to the school and Dundrum from where we were and she thanked me and we parted company. Kirstin reckons that was a good deed and that I will be rewarded, I think it was no biggie as I hardly went out my way but if she is right maybe my 3 pm second interview will be a roaring success...here's hoping!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am holding thumbs for you!!

Anonymous said...

I am holding thumbs for you!!

Malcolm said...

Thanks! All done and dusted, now we just wait!